Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Revit to Max in 2009 - Reduce Triangulation of models imported in Max

Well, in case you are one among those (like me) who really keep up pushing the Revit Models to Max even if you are not doing rendering job just for some fun and to really LIVE your design; then the script below would be a great help to you.
Script:
function setVisibilityEdges obj = ( subobjectLevel = 2 edgeSelSet=#() -- Init. an Array
for face = 1 to obj.numfaces do -- Go through all faces
for edge = 1 to 3 do -- And for every of the 3 edges
append edgeSelSet (((face-1)*3)+edge) --collect the edge
meshop.autoedge obj edgeSelSet 24 type:#setclear -- Select all visible edges --update obj)
for obj in Selection do try ( if (classof obj == Editable_Mesh) do setVisibilityEdges obj )catch ( enablesceneredraw() redrawviews() )enablesceneredraw()redrawviews()


PS: In case you dont know scripting in the max, let me know I can send you the script file directly; as I am unable to upload a file here :(

1 comment:

  1. Hey Suhail I am desperately trying to find an autoedge script that will work. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and I am definitely not a "scripter". Could you send me the file with instructions for Max2009 to the attached email. Thanks for your time. -Greg
    greg_hamilton@ellerbebecket.com

    ReplyDelete