Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Technology Preview 60 Day Timed-TrialThe Autodesk Drawing Cleanup Utility is an AutoCAD based tool that provides users the ability to quickly clean-up and structure DWG files to meet a company standard. The Autodesk Drawing Cleanup Utility is a user interactive CAD tool that provides visual feedback of user actions and greatly simplifies the process of structuring DWG data. The utility uses a template file to establish standards for layers, blocks, etc., and has a graphical user interface that runs user-defined recorded macros that define the cleanup process.
The Autodesk Drawing Cleanup Utility has been developed to assist AutoCAD operators in manipulating drawing data to achieve corporate conformity. The utility enables operators to rapidly select groups of drawing entities based on visual selection criteria and move them to corporate standard layers. In addition, the utility provides for intelligent decomposition of blocks and attributes within a drawing. The Autodesk Drawing Cleanup Utility runs on AutoCAD and AutoCAD based vertical applications.
The Drawing Cleanup Utility will run for 60 days after installation. After 60 days, please contact DCUEnquiryTeam@autodesk.com for further instructions
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
The Revit platform for BIM features improvements to each of the purpose-built solutions for architects and engineers. It keeps information coordinated, up-to-date and accessible in an integrated digital environment, giving project teams a clear overall vision of their designs and streamlining the decision-making process. New updates to the Revit platform include:
Revit Architecture 2009 (BIM for architects and designers) allows
customers to capture early design concepts with improved analysis and
visualization capabilities via:
- Increased sustainable design and energy analysis capabilities
through easy exchange with partner applications
- Improved visualization functionality with the new Mental Ray
engine for rendering, improving speed, quality, and usability
Revit Structure 2009 (BIM for structural engineers, designers and
drafters) has been enhanced with greater modeling and documentation
capabilities and is compatible with the newly acquired Robobat
solutions. The AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite now includes AutoCAD
Structural Detailing, enabling:
- Steel and reinforced concrete detailing and shop drawings
- State-of-the-art formwork drawings
Revit MEP 2009 (Revit for MEP engineering) provides customers with
detailed, specified modeling functionalities, including:
- Air handlers, commercial condensing units, packaged rooftop units,
and high-efficiency water source heat pumps
Autodesk NavisWorks 2009
Autodesk NavisWorks extend the value of BIM by enabling the aggregation of building information with data and geometry from other sources. By integrating building information, data, and geometry, Autodesk NavisWorks solutions enable the most complete understanding possible of the overall project, despite the use of multiple software platforms and applications -- improving coordination, collaboration, and project sequencing for design and construction projects. With Autodesk NavisWorks solutions, users can: -- Aggregate design models and data from documents created on both
Autodesk and non-Autodesk software applications
- Develop more comprehensive views of projects and analyze and simulate designs before construction
- Make better design and construction decisions, and extend the value of their investments in design software.
The Autodesk NavisWorks solutions consist of four software products: Autodesk NavisWorks Review provides basic model aggregation; Autodesk NavisWorks Simulate includes NavisWorks Review and adds time line and 4D capabilities; Autodesk NavisWorks Manage also adds clash detection functionality, enabling seamless visualization of all types of models, precise replication of designs, accurate simulation of 4D construction schedules, and clash detection to keep all project stakeholders on the same digital page, whether they are creating, viewing, or reviewing 3D models. Autodesk NavisWorks Freedom is a free viewer for files in Autodesk NavisWorks NWD and 3D DWFTM formats.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 enables the benefits of BIM for civil engineering, from surveying and design through to documentation submittal and the delivery of 3D models for GPS machine control during construction. Important new functions in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 include:
- A comprehensive stormwater hydraulics and hydrology solution for storm sewer design, watershed analysis, detention pond modeling, and culvert analysis.
- Complete survey functionality that allows users to directly import raw
data; edit survey observations; and create points, figures, and
surfaces that are directly integrated into the model to support the
- Criteria-based road design that ensures local design requirements such as stopping and passing sight and headlight distances are being met.
- Easy to implement solution for sharing model data across project teams using standard AutoCAD xrefs and intelligent Civil 3D data shortcuts (without requiring Autodesk Vault).
For further details please visit:
Monday, February 4, 2008
Theme: “Coffee with Suhail” (Actually coffee and Revit, but thought to give a personal touch)
· Identify and recognize the “Best Revit users” across the country
· Listen to users to understand “what actually is important to them”
· Recognize the best projects and work done by them
· Create visibility for the best users across the country
· Build a “Active User Group”
· Address their “critical” queries and also some advance topic discussion
· Any suggestions to “improve”
· A person with “thirst” of knowledge
· Good working knowledge of Revit
· At least must done 5 or more Projects on Revit
· Ready to be “evangelist” for others
· Recognition and visibility to the “Best” across the country
· Answer to most of the critical queries you always wanted to know J
· Option to see or work on the “up-coming” release as “Beta User” thus being way ahead of the rest
· Best Project gets “Featured” on the Autodesk AEC Newsletter across the country
· An opportunity to speak at Autodesk Seminars/solution days
· A “COOL” T-shirt of “Coffee with Suhail”
· Of course loads of Coffee, food and drinks J
Hope this helps and excites all of you, so please keep fileing your nominations as seats are really very “limited”. We shall be posting the results and minutes of the meeting in the group next week, so keep in touch.
PS: Also, I would encourage each of you to let us know which city should be the next for “Coffee with Suhail”.
Finally, thanks a lot as always for all your support and contribution.